I really can't do without eating vegetables. They are always on my table and I'm so happy when I go shopping at the open air market to buy seasonal vegetables and fruit.
I'm the only one in my family who really appreciate them. Anyway, I have to say that my husband and my 5-year-old child Leo have made progress towards the world of vegetables.
Here below some tips:
- Don't force children to eat vegetables: I have to thank my mother if now I eat everything. She simply put on the table what she cooked and I naturally eat, without being forced.
- Don't give your children many explanations: there's no point in talking about vitamins or mineral salts with your children. They won't understand you and won't care about it.
- Try to hide vegetables: sometimes children don't eat vegetables because they are visible in their dish, without knowing their taste. I 'smash' or 'mix' them in 'risotti', balls or puré.
- Children like nice and colour full dish: if you search on the web you will find many plating ideas! Sure better than a portion of boiled carrots!
- No prizes or rewards: that's what I said before. Your children shouldn't see vegetables as a barrier to remove before getting chocolate or a present. Eating vegetables should be a natural thing. If it doesn't happen take you time. Your Children will grow up and their relationship with food will change.
I hope This article has been helpful! If you need any ideas or suggestion, visit my section "baby recipe"!