My children got lot of Easter eggs this year and I had to find a way to use them up. I’ve stored the chocolate in the fridge being conscious that I won’t buy any chocolate bars or chocolate chips for a long time.
Here, some ideas for you about using leftover chocolate in your sweets:
- Chop the chocolate and use the flakes into cakes or plumcake instead of chocolate chips. They are perfect in cookies dough, try also to mix dark, milk and whites chocolate for a triple chocolate taste!
- Melt chocolate and use it to frost cakes or biscuits. If you use dark chocolate, add the same amount of cream to obtain a perfect ganache. You can also pour the ganache into small glasses and put in the fridge to cool. Serve the cooled ganache with some whipped cream.
- Add some chocolate cubes to your hot chocolate and it will be more tasty and delicious!
And you? How do you use leftover chocolate? Here some recipes on the blog with chocolate:
- Tenerina cake
- California bakery muffins
- Buonumore biscuits
- Chocolate hazelnuts biscuits