New recipe for Italian doughnuts or graffe that you should really try! Uber fluffy and perfectly fried, with this dough recipe you can also make other delicious recipes, such as filled “bomboloni”. I usually coat them with granulated sugar but you can also garnish with sugar icing. We ate them just fried, still hot and they were simply amazing. Try my recipe!
- Mix the flours with the sugar and the yeast. Add the milk gradually and stir with a spoon.
- Beat the egg with the vanilla seeds and add to the dough. Finally, cut the butter into small cubes and add one cube at a time. Mix everything together until it forms a smooth dough.
- Place the dough into a cleaned bowl and let it rise.
- Once ready, roll the dough up on a floured working surface and using a round cutter make the circles. If you want to make doughnuts make a hole in the center of each circle using a smaller cutter.
- Arrange the graffe and the doughnuts over a tray and cover with a cleaned cloth.
- Drop the graffe into the hot oil and fry until both sides are golden brown. Drain using a slotted spoon over a plate lined with paper towel and coat with the granulated sugar.