My favorite dessert is this chocolate cake with a hot heart. I love the strong flavor of the dark chocolate and the idea that it hides a creamy texture inside, perfect served with some vanilla ice cream. Make it for your romantic dinner of St valentine and enjoy it!
- Put the butter and the chocolate in a bowl and set over a pan of hot water until melted. Meanwhile, Butter and flour 3 custard cups (or 3 muffin aluminum moulds).
- Whisk the egg and the yolk with sugar until smooth. Stir in the chocolate mixture and the dry ingredients sifted. Mix all together to combine.
- For the salted caramel: in a small sauce pan let the sugar melt over a law heat until golden brown. Add the butter and the warm cream. Stir until the mixture will be creamy and light.
- Divide the chocolate batter among the custard cups. Add a tsp of salted caramel in the middle and use a spoon to slightly press it down into the batter.
- Place the chocolate cake over a baking tray and cook for about 5/7 minutes until the sides look firm. Invert on individual plates and serve with some icing sugar sprinkled on top.