My children really do love chocolate chips cookies! I’ve usually made these delicious biscuits when it is their birthday, so that they can enjoy them with cousins and friends. How can we make perfect chocolate chips cookies? First of all, use both white and brown sugar. This will give you softer and chewier cookies.
Why should we use cornstarch? Cornstarch helps give the cookies a little lift while baking.
Let’s make chocolate chips cookies together!
- In a bowl whisk together butter, sugar, the egg and the yolk. Set it aside.
- In another bowl stir the dry ingredients: flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients, add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Put the batter in the fridge to chill. This passage is necessary if you want your cookies not to loose their shape.
- Use a spoon or an ice cream scoop to create your cookies, placing them on tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 10-15 min.