In the last few years I’ve been obsessed by the most famous cake of the web: cream tarte. It is a very impressive cake, made of two layers of shortcrust pastry, filled with your favorite cream and decorated with fresh fruits, candies or marshmallows. I’ve never given it a try, maybe because I thought it was too difficult for me to make. This is the result of my first Cream tarte. Hope you like it!
- Draw and cut out your heart template (see photos). I choose to draw an heart under an A4 size but you can also draw letters or numbers.
- Make the biscuit: mix the flours with the butter, a pinch of salt and the baking powder. Add the eggs the yolk and sugar. Mix until combined.
- Cut the dough into two halves and roll them out between two sheets of parchment paper to 3mm thick. Trace around your template and remove the excess dough. Make this passage with both halves.
- Transfer the heart shaped biscuits to the fridge and let refrigerate for 2 hours. After the chilling time, bake the biscuits at 170 degrees for about 10min, one tray at a time. Once ready, let cool completely the biscuits before using them.
- For the Camy cream: make sure the cream and mascarpone cheese are very cold. Pour in a large bowl together with the condensed milk. Start to whip until soft and creamy.
- Assembling: place the first heart into a serving dish. Place the Camy cream into a piping bag and start to cover the entire surface of the biscuit. Gently, put the second heart on top and repeat the passage.
- Use marshmallows, meringues or candies to decorate the cream tarte as desired. Let chill in the fridge for about one hour before serving.