Home this morning smelled of something baked and delicious: it could be bread but I also recognized the typical scent of butter, which reminded me to one of those French boulangerie. Honey flavor is also present: so intense and floral. Unfortunately, I cannot describe these brioches. You should simply try to make them...
- H6 PM Mix together the flours with the yeast. Add water and milk (both warm) and stir with a spoon. Add honey and a pinch of salt and stir to combine. Lastly, add the butter: soft and diced into cubes. Knead trying to incorporate them into the dough. If sticky, cover the dough and let chill 30min. (In doing so we allow gluten strands time to settle down and relax).
- H8 PM put the dough in the fridge overnight.
- H8 AM Take the dough out of the fridge and wait to bring it to room temperature.
- H10 AM Roll out the dough over a floured working surface shaping it in a circle. Divide it in 15 triangles and make the brioches. Arrange them over a baking tray lined with parchment paper and cover with two cleaned clothes, waiting until doubled in size.
- H11.30 AM Brush the brioches with a mixture of one yolks and 2tbs of milk. Bake at 170 degrees for about 15 min, until slightly golden. Once ready, when still hot, brush the brioches with some warm honey, so that they become shiny and more sweet.
Enjoy your breakfast!