Yields: 28cm Cake pan | Cooking Time: 20Min | Difficulty Level: Easy
Have I already said that I'm chocolate addicted? You should really try this cake when it's warm with some ice cream: simply irresistible! Its incredible moist and 'tender' center is very similar to those of a praline of chicolate. I used dark chocolate 70% cacao and it was perfect. Try it!
- Melt the chocolate and the butter in a bowl. ( you can Put it over a saucepan of a boiling water or use the microwave). Let them cool.
- Beat the yolks with half of the sugar until creamy. Add the flour, the milk and the butter-chocolate mixture. Stir until combined.
- Beat the egg whites and only when air is already incorporated add the rest of sugar. Beat until they will be well creamy and 'shiny'.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture gradually, stir very slowly until combined.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan you lined with parchment paper. Bake at 170 degrees for about 20 min.
There's no baking powder in this recipe. The secret for a perfect tenerina is to beat the eggs very well (use them at room temperature). Furthermore, if you don't want a dry cake don't over cook it.