My family loves rice and goes crazy for risotto. Saffron risotto is the favorite dish of my children, while me and my husband prefer the one with radicchio and sausage. Today, I’ve made lighter risotto, perfect during the spring season, with zucchini and speck cubes, for a savory taste. Instead of using butter, I’ve whisked the risotto with some fresh and creamy robiola cheese. Let’s make it together!
- Heat the vegetable broth and keep hot. In a large sauce pan, toast the rice with two Tbsp of EV olive oil until “light”. Stir constantly, then pour in the wine.
- Add the onion, a pinch of salt and the grated zucchini. Stir and ladle in some broth.
- Meanwhile, cook the speck cubes until crunchy and golden.
- Keep cooking the rice, adding more broth when the vegetables regions has been absorbed, until the rice is cooked and tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the robiola and the grated cheese and stir vigorously. Stir in the speck cubes. Serve immediately.