This loaf is simply irresistible! You can serve it as an appetizer or during the happy hour. I’ve used the braid flour of @lefarinemagiche which has given an excellent result. It is a stone-ground Italian flour, which makes the dough fragrant and simply good. Try it!
- Mix the flour and the yeast in a large bowl. Add sugar and milk and start to combine with a spoon.
- Beat the egg and pour in the dough. Add salt and keep using the spoon to mix everything.
- Add the oil as the last ingredient. Now, place the dough over a floured working surface and start kneading until the dough is smooth. If sticky, cover it and wait 15/30min.
- Put the dough in a cleaned bowl, cover with some plastic wrap and let it rise untile doubled in size. (I knead in the morning and bake in the evening).
- Now, you can choose to shape your loaf as you prefer. I made a 4-strand braid: I cut the dough into four pieces of equal size. I rolled out each piece to form a rectangle and filled with cheese, ham and salami. I rolled lengthwise and formed four strands which I’ve braided.
(To make it easier, roll out the dough in a rectangle, fill it and roll it up. Place it in a plumcake mold and let it rise).
- Arrange the braid over a baking tray lined with parchment paper, cover with some plastic wrap and wait until doubled in size (30/60 min).
- Brush the surface with some milk and bake at 180 degrees for about 20min. Let cool before slicing and serving.