Pumpkin bread is perfect during this season when this ingredient is usually present on our table. You probably haven’t tried pumpkin into your dough yet: it gives a special color and texture. This bread is very easy to make and if you have some leftovers you could easily freeze them.
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes and cook with a small amount of water until soft. Once ready, smash with a fork.
- Mix the flours with the yeast and the sugar. Add milk, the pumpkin purée and the beaten egg. Knead with a spoon. Set aside and cut butter into cubes.
- Add the butter cubes gradually, then let the dough chill for about 30min. Knead again until becomes elastic and smooth. Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Place the dough over a floured working surface and cut into two halves. Roll out each piece in a rectangle. Start rolling each rectangle from the shortest side and arrange them in a plumcake mold. Let them rise again for abou one hour.
- Once ready, brush the surface with some milk and bake at 180 degrees for about 25min. Let cool before slicing and serving.