First time with the sweet crusty bread: the “cooking experiment” which I’ve never made before. I’ve already tried cantucci, a typical Tuscan biscuit that requires the same baking method. In the recipe of sweet crusty bread you can also choose not to toast the slices and have a good sandwich bread, perfect at breakfast. In both case, you will love this incredible recipe!
- Mix the flours and the yeast. Add sugar and milk, stirring with a spoon. Beat the eggs and pour Into the dough. Start kneading, adding the salt and finally the butter. This one should be cut into small cubes. Cover the dough and let chill 30min.
- Knead again, until elastic and smooth. Let rise until doubled in size.
- Roll out the dough in a rectangle. Start with the longer side, roll tightly and arrange it in a plumcake fold (lined with parchment paper). Let rise again, covered with plastic wrap.
- Once ready, brush with a yolk/milk mixture and bake at 180degrees for about 30min. Your sandwich bread is now ready.
- If you want sweet crusty bread, let completely cool your sandwich bread and cut into 1cm slices. Arrange over a baking tray and toast 5 min each side until golden and crunchy.