Everyone likes “Polpettone”, typical dish of family lunches and festivities. You can fill it with what you prefer: my mother in law, for example, make polpettone with frittata and cooked ham, so that it is also nice to see once you cut it. For a crunchy surface, roll it up with bacon. Here my recipe!
- Plunge the sandwich slices into some milk to soft them. Meanwhile, mix the ground meat with the parsley, the beaten egg, the grated cheese, a pinch of salt and some ground black pepper. Squeeze the bread and add it to the meat mixture. Knead until everything is combined.
- Shape the mixture into a rectangle and fill with the ham and the cheese.
- Roll it up and try to create a cylinder, trapping the filling inside.
- Heat some EV Olive oil in a large frying pan, gently add the meatloaf and seal in all sides, until golden brown. Add some aromatic herbs such as sage or rosemary.
- Pour in the wine and cook until alcohol evaporated. Cover with a lid and cook for about 60min. Is it becomes dry, add some boiling water.