Eggplant polpette are an appetizing finger food that you can also taste with some dressing, like mayo or ketchup (our favourite!). It's very easy to make them, but be careful: it's easy to finish them all as well!
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise, put the two halves on a baking tray and use a fork or a knife to prick the pulp.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees and place the eggplant in it. Cook it till it has become soft, it will take about 20-30 min.
- Cool the eggplant, than use a spoon to pull the pulp out. Press it to remove the excess water.
- Put together the eggplant pulp, the beaten egg, the grated cheese and the breadcrumbs: the mixture should not be too sticky. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, the mint and the parsley.
- Shape it into little balls and roll them into the breadcrumbs.
- Put the eggplant polpette on a baking tray and sprinkle with some extra virgin olive oil.
Place it into the oven (200 degrees) and cook them till they are golden.