Pumpkin is a very versatile ingredient: it's good into the soups, perfect with rice and so yummy in these cordon bleu. I was pretty skeptical about them at the beginning, but I have to say that they are amazing! Let's give a chance to our doubts, it might be worth!
- Put the pumpkin slices (without peel) on a baking tray and cooked into the hoven at 200 for about 6-7 minutes till they're soft (don't over cook them).
- Let them cool, than start to make cordon bleu: place one slice of ham and one of scamorza cheese in between two slices of pumpkin, creating a "sandwich".
- Dip it into the flour, than into the egg bested with some milk and salt, and finally in the breadcrumb.
- Repeat this passage.
- Put the pumpkin sandwich on a tray and sprinkle them with extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake them at 180 till they are golden.
You can also fry them in a large frying pan using peanut oil.