In really do love muffin, even in a savoury version! They are always present during my dinners with friends or during my children parties. Zucchini muffins are very easy to make and so fluffy, thanks to the buttermilk. If you can’t find it, you can make homemade buttermilk mixing the milk with the lemon juice or, like me, the vinegar.
- Make the buttermilk: in a small bowl, combine the milk and the vinegar. Let chill for 10minutes.
- Cut zucchini into small cubes and stir fry in large pane with a pinch of salt and EV olive oil. Leave them crunchy.
- Mix all the dry ingredients: flour, grated cheese, baking powder and salt.
- Beat the egg with the oil and the buttermilk.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the liquids, add the zucchini cubes and stir to combine. Do not over mix.
- Fill muffin cases two-thirds full and bake at 180degrees for about 20minutes.