This is one of my mother’s recipes, who made stuffed artichokes with very simple ingredients or leftovers as well. As all the mum’s or grandma’s recipes, the ingredients could change according what you have in your fridge or pantry. I like this recipe because it is simple, quick and vegetarian.
- Prep the artichokes: remove stems, peel them and reduce into small cubes. Cut off the external leaves and the top of each artichokes.
- Use your fingers to open the leaves of the artichokes and spoon out the all the inner fuzzy choke. Rinse very well then place them upside down into a sauce pan together with the cubes of the stems. Cook with a lid for about 5 minutesC this will help artichokes leaves to open better. Let cool.
- Prep the filling: mix together bread crumbs, grated cheese, frozen peas, parsley and the artichokes stem cubes.
- Season the artichokes with a pinch of salt and start to stuff them.
- Heat some EV olive oil and the garlic clove in a large sauce pan, add the stuffed artichokes and 2 inch of water.
- Cook for about 40-45 minutes over a law heat until tender.